As used herein, the term “personal information” means any information that relates to you and that could be used, either directly or indirectly, to identify you.
1. Type of information collected. Magnix collects and stores information from its Website users to administer and run the Website and to provide services to you.. The Website may collect information from and about you, including but not limited to, the following:
- personal information that you may choose to provide when participating in or interacting with the Website or electing to receive services from us (such as your real name, contact details, biography, and other personal information you may submit to the Website). Please note that we strongly recommend that you do not include in any content as may be able to be communicated through our Website any personal information (other than as may be included in your user profile) about you or any other person (including financial information, NRIC numbers or other government issued identification numbers, or sensitive information such as information about an individual’s religious or similar beliefs, racial or ethnic origin, health or sexual life, political affiliation, trade union membership or information about criminal offences);b. information about your usage of the Website (e.g., the pages you request and visit, the posts you submit, and your interaction with other users and the Website);c. information obtained in the course of addressing errors or other similar issues in connection with the Website; andd. information about your Internet use, such as your IP address, the URLs of sites from which you arrive or leave the Website, your type of browser, your operating system, your internet service provider (ISP), and where you access the Website via your mobile device. We may collect information about your mobile provider and your mobile device.
f. to carry out analysis of our users for statistical purposes and commercially drive research for in-house and third party usage. Please note that we use reasonable steps to anonymise any information used for such purposes (where a third party is involved and is provided with this information) and will not identify any individual user; and
g. as evidence for any criminal and civil proceedings, if required by any court of law and/or any relevant law enforcement agencies.
Magnix may also disclose personal information in order to protect the legal rights, privacy, safety, security or legitimate interests of Magnix, its affiliates, and each of their respective investors, directors, officers, employees, agents and suppliers. These instances may include, but are not limited to: protecting the safety and security of visitors to our websites (including the Website) or other properties; complying with Magnix’s policies; enforcing the Terms and Conditions of Use; complying with the law or regulations, or responding to a subpoena or other process; responding to inquiries or requests from public authorities; permitting Magnix to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that it may sustain; protecting against fraud, crime, illegal activity, anti-money laundering, anti-terrorism, or for risk management purposes; or otherwise in connection with legal, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes.
From time to time Magnix may appoint third parties to host, maintain, manage, or to provide other services in relation to the Website and Magnix’s operations (Third Party Services). Where this occurs, you acknowledge that the personal information included in the Website may be disclosed to and accessed and used by these third parties to the extent necessary to provide the relevant Third Party Services.
If we sell all or part of our business, or make a sale or transfer of assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer to a third party, we may transfer your personal information to that third party as part of that transaction.
We do not rent, sell or otherwise provide your personal information to third parties for their own marketing purposes.
You understand and agree that the Website and any personal information you publish for display on the Website may be hosted, maintained and accessed globally, including in countries that may not have data protection laws.
In addition to the foregoing, to the extent that you are a Magnix employee, we may use your personal information as set forth in applicable employment agreements and policies.
5. Sharing of non-personally identifiable information. Magnix collects certain non-personally identifiable information in connection with your use of the Website. For example, Magnix may collect click stream data, data on how you navigate the Website, and anonymous demographic information which we may use for Website administration, analytics, market research, and advertising and promotional purposes. We may share such non-personally identifiable information with various affiliated and unaffiliated entities for such purposes.
6. Storage of information. Personal information that you include in your profile will be retained in accordance with applicable law and Magni Energy policies.
7. Protecting personal information. We use commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural measures to safeguard information on (or which is gathered through) the Website against loss, theft, and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification. Unfortunately, however, no data storage generally or data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while Magnix will take s commercially reasonable precautions to prevent any unauthorised access of your personal information, we cannot guarantee its security.
- Access and correction.
Where applicable, privacy laws may give you the right to access and update the personal information Magnix holds about you. In many cases, we may be able to assist you promptly and informally with these requests. In other cases, we may seek to verify your identity and ask you to make your request in writing. Magnix may refuse your request where the law allows us to do so.
- Further queries on how to contact us
You can contact Magnix if you have any concerns about how Magnix has handled your personal information. Magnix may request additional details from you regarding your concerns, and may need to engage or consult with other parties in order to investigate and deal with your issue. Magnix may keep records of your request and any resolution.
You can also contact Magnix with any other queries about privacy:
Contact: Andrew Budd, Chief Operating Officer
Phone: +61 7 5563 3833
Mail: magniX Technologies Pty Ltd, PO Box 250, Biggera Waters,
Queensland, 4216 Australia
Last updated: 19 January 2018